1. Theme/Heart: The empowering message of this book is one that needs to be shared with all kids. We are all capable of doing big things. We just have to believe in ourselves and focus on our strengths. LOVE this.
2. The "love" page: I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it's one of those moments that makes you say, "awww."
3. "easter egg": I love when illustrators include an "easter egg" to look for on each page of the story. Again, I don't want to spoil anything but I love the symbolism of the one that Gina included in the art.
4. Simple, Powerful, Text: A true picture book where the words AND the art carry the story forward and complement each other to perfection.
5. Colors: The vibrant colors really catch the readers' eye and the varying page spreads of full bleed and close-ups keep the reader visually engaged from start to finish.
Parents: Simple text so your younger readers/emergent readers can read it on their own and feel BIG!
Teachers: A great message to share with your students- complements lessons on GRIT and perseverance well
Writers: Simple, powerful text; leaving room for the illustrations; including that "heart" moment