1. Outer Space- We are total space nerds over here and this book was perfect! Such a fun way to present some really cool facts about asteroids.
2. Astro- Who knew that an asteroid could have so much personality? From wanting his personal outer space to his "no loitering" sticker, readers are sure to fall in love with Astro.
3. Asteroid Emotion- Brad Woodard is incredible here. The facial expressions on Astro, Mars, the Moon, etc. really help sell this story to readers.
4. Back Matter- What a fun surprise at the end! Loved the additional space facts!
5. The End- The perfect way to wrap up Astro's adventure. Shows how much he has grown emotionally despite him getting smaller physically.
Parents: Even if your kids know zilch about outer space they will love this hilarious book. If they love all things cosmos like my kids, that's a bonus.
Teachers: Reading with expression; characterization; space unit fiction element
Writers: Voice; character growth; fiction with nonfiction elements