1. Page One: As a writer I know how important it is to grab your readers right from the start and this book does just that.
2. The Illustrations: Boom. The cover art made me snatch it from the shelf and the colorful illustrations inside from varying perspectives add so much to this great story.
3. Bobby: How do you not fall in love with this main character? His nerdy little heart dreams big.
4. Clever: My favorite books are the ones I find myself saying "very clever" in my head as I read it. When Bobby forgets to mention one tiny detail and ends up with something unexpected and yet that unexpected present ends up being so similar to what he really wanted? Very clever.
5. SHHHH: Another clever moment and one of my favorite pages in the book.
Parents: Such a fun read! Kids will enjoy this fun story as they follow along Bobby's adventures with his new birthday present.
Teachers: Reading with expression; Characterization; Retelling
Writers: Great opening page; great voice; circular ending;