1. Topic - If anything rivals a book about bacon it's a book about cake. Nom, nom, nom.
2. Moose - Such a loveable character who can't resist cake. Isn't there a little Moose in all of us?
3. Friendship - The theme of friendship in this story is genuine and sweet, as are the lessons of forgiveness and making amends.
4. The Confession - I won't ruin it for you but when you get to this page you'll know it!
5. Illustrations - Brightly colored sweaters, deliciously decorated cakes, and perfectly captured expressions by Rozelaar.
Parents: Have a kid's birthday party to go to? Trying to teach your kids about making amends? This book is a perfect match.
Teachers: Making predictions, reader's theater, reading with expression
Writers: Voice, multiple characters moving the story forward, pacing