1. Facial Expressions - The emotions expressed on little Hannah's face really help the reader feel what she feels throughout the story.
2. The Perfect Page Spread - The moment when Hannah changes in the story is simply brilliant.
3. Circular Ending - There is simply no other way to end this story and it is absolutely satisfying.
4. Bravery - I love the message this book conveys. Having a child who is fearful of dogs, I loved sharing this book with her to start a conversation about her feelings and how to begin to overcome them.
5. The Wordless Spread- One of my favorite elements in a picture book is a wordless spread when it is executed perfectly and this book has done just that. So much is said on this one page without any words at all.
Parents: If you have a child who is afraid of dogs, this is the perfect book.
Teachers: A great book for Morning Meeting to introduce a discussion on fears and how to overcome them.
Writers: How to write a simple story and a main character to sympathize with.