1. Topic - Just as the title states, everyone loves bacon! Smelling it, eating it, and now reading about it!
2. Characters - Who knew food could have so much personality? It's the characters in this story that really drive the narrative forward.
3. Twist at the End - We, the readers, really should have seen this coming but it's so satisfying that we don't!
4. The Repeated Line - Everyone loves, everyone loves, everyone loves. Such a great choice by the author to use this repeated text throughout the story!
5. Illustrations - Wight's fifty's diner themed illustrations are the perfect match for this story and really bring each character to life.
Parents: Your kids will love the silly characters and hilarious story. Just make sure you have some bacon in the house to eat when you're done reading!
Teachers: Great text for Morning Meeting time. Brings up the topic of being a good/not-so-good friend.
Writers: Great mentor text for low word count, how to use a repeated phrase throughout the text